Minnesota Mdewakanton Dakota Oyate Litigation
Wolfchild, et al. v. United States
Erick G. Kaardal
March 22, 2013
The hearing in the Federal Circuit in Washington D.C. for the appeal is now scheduled for May 6, 2013 at 10 a.m. It is open to the public.
February 8, 2013
Please find linked in the right-hand column the United States response to motion to take judicial notice.
February 4, 2013
I reorganized the right hand column a bit and added the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (CFC) decision on pending motions. The CFC decision was dated January 28, 2013. At some point, we will find out when oral argument is scheduled. Of course, the public is welcome to attend this oral argument in Washington D.C.
February 1, 2013
Please see right-hand column for replacement reply brief in applelate court and motion.
January 10, 2013
Please find linked in the right-hand column a copy of the Plaintiff-Intervenor's Reply Brief.
January 6, 2013
Please find linked in the right-hand column the Wolfchild reply brief on the cross-appeal. Thanks.
January 2, 2013
Please find linked in the right hand column all five appellate briefs including the recently-submitted briefs: government's answering brief to the cross-appeal and the Shakopee and Prairie Island Communities' amici curiae brief. Best regards.
November 21, 2012
Please note we received the responses of the government and the intervenor plaintiffs in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. They are linked in the right hand column. Thanks.
November 13, 2012
I have linked the newly-filed Brief of Appellees-Cross Appellants in the right hand column. As you can see, activity is occuring in both the trial court and appellate court. Please check this website for updates.
Fifth Amended Complaint
- Fifth Amended Complaint Filed August 20, 2007
- Alphabetized Plaintiff List Dated January 16, 2008 Post September 26, 2007 Court Order
Dr. Barbara Buttes
- Curriculum Vitae
Prelude: Gambling on Tradition
Chapter 1: A bonfire of the vanities of scholarship
- Chapter 2: BIA, CYA, Blip
Chapter 3: Close enough for Government work?
- Chapter 4: A case of Misfeasance
Chapter 5: Le Nouveau Mdewakanton Esprit de Corp
Beyond Sovereignty: The Mdewakanton Identity Heist
Shakopee and Prairie Island Community Correspondence
- Prairie Island Community Council Letter Dated 5-30-06
- Prairie Island Indian and Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Letter Dated 6-06-06
- Prairie Island Community Council Letter Dated 8-25-06
Lakota Dakota Journal Documents
- SMSC Fundraising Gift to Flandreau Dated 2-14-2006
- Lakota Dakota Journal Letter Received 3-23-06
- Samp Law Office Letter Dated 3-17-2006
- Dakota Journal Transcript of Voicemails Dated 3-15-2006
IT IS CRITICAL THAT ALL PLAINTIFFS INFORM US OF ANY ADDRESS CHANGES
U.S. Court of Appeals for Federal Circuit Briefs/Motions
- U.S. Opening Brief
- Brief of Wolfchild Appellees-Cross Appellants
- Brief of Plaintiff-Intervenors
- United States' Answering Brief as Cross-Appellee
- Communities' Amici Curiae Brief
- Replacement Reply Brief of Wolfchild Cross-Appellants
- Reply Brief of Plaintiffs-Intervenors
- Wolfchild Motion to Take Judicial Notice of Document
- United States Response to Wolfchild Motion to Take Judicial Notice
- United States Court of Appeals-Oral Argument Order
- May 6, 2013 Oral Argument: Wolfchild v. United States
U.S. Court of Federal Claims Post-Judgment Filings
Notices of Appeal
- U.S. Notice of Appeal Wolfchild Plaintiffs' Notice of Joint Cross-Appeal
Corrected Wolfchild Opinion 8/18/11
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims Opinion Dated 8/18/11